I think Photofeeler is more accurate for rating photos for a couple of reasons:
1. It determines your score by which percentile you fit into based on everyone who posts on the website. On FaceShapeApp it doesn't actually say whether your total score is below average, average, or above average compared to evetyone else.
2. People cant use alternate accounts to vote on the same post or have their friends come on and vote on their posts to inflate the ratings. On Photofeeler it's entirely random people.
3. On Photofeeler it bases your rating on the persons voting style, so if someone rates high but they do that to everyone it won't increase your score as much. Face Shape App has done a better job at correcting for peoples biases by lowering or highering the scores but Photofeeler does a better job at determining to which degree they vote high or low while Face Shape App just shows if they vote high, low, or regular but not by how much.
However I think Face Shape App is better in certain other aspects.
1. It has more categories of posts whereas Photofeeler is just exclusively rating pictures.
2. You can talk with other users so the social aspect of it is good.
3. It's much better for getting advice on how to improve.
This is amazing! Detailed and constructive feedback like this is how we make FaceShape better for all of you, so please keep it coming!
1. We don't compare with everyone else on the site, because it wouldn't be meaningful. Lots of celebrity pictures that would skew the results, but each rating has a label (like average, etc).
2. We do allow alternate accounts, if someone wreaks havoc, we delete them. We'll look into vote manipulation.
3. We actually calculate an exact bias number, just don't show it to simplify your profile page. For example, your bias score is -0.0336 stddev, so you're almost always accurate with very negligible underrate.
4. I think the biggest advantage of PhotoFeeler is that they have a lot more users, rating is the only thing they do, so they can have a whole experience built just for it (like quick ratings, etc). They have been around for almost a decade longer than FaceShape. While we built this ratethispic community because our users asked, it's not really our main focus, though we're thinking of building a more fun way of doing ratings in addition to the community approach, but we'll see. What are some thing that you wish Photofeeler improved or did better?
p.s. it's just FaceShape now, not Face Shape App, we spent almost five figures on the new domain :)